Boston and beyond...

When I started this blog over the weekend, I planned on posting this week about fairy tales, Earth Day and life in my classroom.  I never expected to have to write about another tragedy.  I live about two hours from Boston..... 3 hours from NYC...and an hour and a half from Newtown.  All sites of terrible things that have happened so close to me.  It is unthinkable, unexplainable and troubling.  I want to write that we will get through this... that we will come together once again, holding our loved ones closer, our hearts a little more torn.... but in a tribute to the strength and determination we have shown time and time again.  And we will.  But not now.  Right now, my thoughts and prayers are with the people of Boston . . .
illustration courtesy of Melonheadz Illustrations
Boston, my heart is with you.
 

3 comments

  1. What a beautiful and well said post my friend.
    Thank you!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your feelings ~ you are right we will be strong again, but , yes we need time to heal once again. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging:) You will find many amazing friends here!
    Maria
    First Grade Carousel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for taking the time to read my blog and comment. I'm excited to begin my blogging journey! ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top