Spring has sprung!

Spring is finally here!  It has been so nice this week to have beautiful sunny days with no jackets at recess.  Spring has been such a tease around here lately.  First, we've had beautiful warm days and then wham - the next day is cold, raw and rainy.  You've got to love Mother Nature when you live in New England. 

Anyway, it looks like spring is here to stay so I thought I would share some seasonal selections with you.  (Did you like all that alliteration - that's a second grade common core standard, you know!)  I am so excited to be featured today on Teacher Mom of 3's "Seasonal Saturday!" 

 
Visit her blog for some great spring ideas, along with ideas for teaching literacy.  Thanks Teacher Mom!
 
And since we're all in the spring spirit, I thought I'd share a springtime freebie from my TpT store. 


This is a quick and easy way to get some practice with those editing skills, including:
- spelling (phonetic elements and high frequency words)
- homophones
- grammar (verb tense, possessives)
- capitalization and punctuation
Click on the image to go to my store and download your freebie.  It's easy to use in a center, or as independent work.  In my room,  copied the sentence pages back to back and had each of my students use a highlighter to show the mistakes.  Then they wrote the sentence correctly on the recording sheet.  It was helpful to model one first - showing them how to use the "Check It" sheet and going through one part at a time. 
 
I hope everyone enjoys a beautiful spring weekend.  I'm going to try to get some work done sitting out on my deck.  Thanks for stopping by!



No comments

Back to Top