I am also excited to share that my blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award - not once, not twice, but THREE times this week!
It is so exciting to see that I'm getting noticed. So, exactly what IS the Liebster Award, you ask? Good question - I did some research and discovered that Liebster means "dearest" in German. And the "award has been around for a few years. I put the word "award" in quote because there is not actual award... no judging, no fan fare... just bloggers recognizing each other... which is nice.
Part of accepting this award is to share the love - here's what I have to do:
- Link back to the blog that nominated me
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
- Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator
- Share 11 random facts about myself
- Create 11 questions for my nominees
- Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them!
I was first nominated by Pili over at Glitter and Gradebooks....then by Brittney from Teacher Inspired . . .and then by Christine at Preslar's Place.
Be sure to check out these blogs . . . cute ideas!
Now, the funny thing about this is that I had come up with my list of 5 other blogs to nominate earlier this week... and I discovered that 2 of them had already been nominated! That little Liebster is certainly making the rounds this week.
I'm going to bend the rules just a touch and still share those 2 blogs I originally planned on nominating, along with 3 others. Here they are:
EDIT: Make that 4 out of 5 already nominated. I need to be quicker on this sort of thing next time!
There are some great ideas on all these blogs... good summer reading! Ok, now onto part 2 - I need to answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated me. I'm going to answer Pili's questions, since she's the first one who nominated me.
1. If you could have 3 wishes come true, what would they be? I never know if I should be serious here, or fun, or what... how about no more school violence, unlimited funding for education and endless peppermint patties :-)
2. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? definitely moose tracks (vanilla with chunks of chocolate, peanut butter cups and swirls of chocolate - might be an east coast thing)
3. What is your most irrational fear? ha - not irrational, but I am afraid of moths.. especially those big furry ones... ugh
4. What is your favorite piece of clothing to wear? cute shoes!!!!!
5. What is your favorite quote? I really thought about this... I'm blank here... sorry!
6. What is your favorite movie? Unbelieveably, I am not a movie person (yes, I know.. how could that be?) I do watch Dirty Dancing every time it is on.. and Mean Girls (probably shouldn't have shared that one!)
7. If you had your own TV show about anything, what would be your intro song? Put a Girl In It, by Toby Keith . . . that was totally random, but it DOES fit my outlook on the world :-)
8. What is your guilty pleasure? reading trashy magazines
9. What is your favorite flower? begonias... they are the only thing that will grow on my deck in the summer
10. If you could have an outdoor adventure (ex: hiking, backpacking, surfing, diving) and all expenses were paid, what would you do? HA! I have gone whitewater rafting, parasailing, taken a helicopter ride, a biplane over the water, hot air ballooning, snorkeling... and was terrified and wanted them each over with (except the hot air balloon ride, that was cool)... my perfect outdoor adventure would be a week at a pool or lake!!
11. What was your favorite book as a child? I read EVERYTHING! I did love Judy Blume...
Almost done folks! If you still stuck with me then you get to find out 11 random facts about me:
1. I have gone on a hot air balloon ride and loved it.
2. I have dozens of pairs of shoes.. flip flops.. boots... it's embarrassing actually...
3. I have a tiny kitchen and BIG cooking ideas
4. I have 2 nephews and a niece who are/will all going to the same high school I went to
5. I used to have a small sports photography business
6. I was an exchange student and went to Paris for 6 weeks in my junior year of high school
7. I HATE to fly.. and I get carsick... very easily
8. I am "spatially challenged" . . . I cannot follow directions, find my way back from somewhere or put something together to save my life!
9. I do my best work at night.
10. I am addicted to peppermint patties
11. I am a perfectionist.. and slightly OCD... maybe more than slightly
Whew! That was a lot! I'll end with my 11 questions for my nominees:
1. How many states or countries have you visited?
2. If you could have anything for dinner, what would it be?
3. What is your favorite thing to teach?
4. How many books have you read so far this summer?
5. Do you prefer a quiet, beachy vacation or an adventure-filled time?
6. How many different grades (or positions) have you had in your teaching career?
7. How did you get the name for your blog?
8. What is one thing you still want to do in life?
9. How long have you had your best friend?
10. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
11. What is one word your students would use to describe you?
Don't forget - last chance to enter the scavenger hunt and come away with some great resources! The giveaway ends tomorrow!
Thanks for stopping by!